Technical Solutions | Z7/Z6 TIPS
Important notes on RAW output options
- Upon receiving RAW video output functionality, camera firmware will also be updated to the latest available version.
- After the RAW video output is activated, other camera features will continue to function normally.
- Some RAW video output specifications are subject to change with future firmware updates.
- ISO sensitivity can be set up to ISO 25600 with the Z 7 and ISO 51200 with the Z 6.
- The following compensations are not applied to the RAW video file: Electronic VR, Picture Control, Active D-Lighting, high ISO NR, vignette control, diffraction compensation, auto distortion control and lateral chromatic aberration compensation
- The image is displayed on the camera monitor during recording, regardless of the monitor mode setting. No viewfinder image is available.
- Standard Picture Control is applied to the image displayed on the camera monitor.
This does not affect the video being output to the Ninja V.
- The image displayed on the Ninja V monitor also has in-device color correction applied, and does not match the look of the final image after color grading. Please refer to the Ninja V User Manual for details.
- The “zoom in” function on the camera monitor is not available during RAW video recording. It is possible to zoom in using the Ninja V monitor.
- During RAW video recording, the image areas (angle of view) displayed on the camera and the Ninja V monitor differ. The image area displayed on the Ninja V monitor is equivalent to the recorded video.
- Available frame sizes, frame rates and image areas differ between the Z 7 and the Z 6.
- Still images cannot be taken by pressing the shutter-release button during RAW video recording.
- RAW videos can only be recorded to the Ninja V. They cannot be recorded to the in-camera memory card.
- If you experience any problems with other companies' products such as the Ninja V, please contact the manufacturer.
Editing the RAW video file
For post-production, optional third-party software is required. Compatible software:
Final Cut Pro X, EDIUS Pro 9 (As of November, 2019)
Frame sizes, etc. for RAW video recording
The following frame sizes, frame rates and image areas are available with RAW video recording.