Technical Solutions | Z7/Z6 TIPS
Important Notes on RAW Output Options
- Upon receiving RAW video output functionality, camera firmware will also be updated to the latest available version.
- After the RAW video output is activated, other camera features will continue to function normally.
- Some RAW video output specifications are subject to change with future firmware updates.
- ISO sensitivity can be set from ISO 800 up to ISO 25600 with the Z 7 and ISO 51200 with the Z 6.
- The following compensations are not applied to the RAW video file: Electronic VR, Picture Control, Active D-Lighting, high ISO NR, vignette control, diffraction compensation, auto distortion control and lateral chromatic aberration compensation.
- The image is displayed on the camera monitor during recording, regardless of the monitor mode setting. No viewfinder image is available.
- N-Log color is applied to the image displayed on the camera monitor. This does not affect the video being output to the Video Assist 12G.
- The image displayed on the Video Assist 12G monitor also has in-device color correction applied, and does not match the look of the final image after color grading. Please refer to the Video Assist 12G manual for details.
- The “zoom in” function on the camera monitor is not available during RAW video recording. It is possible to zoom in using the Video Assist 12G monitor.
- During RAW video recording, the image areas (angle of view) displayed on the camera and the Video Assist 12G monitor differ. The image area displayed on the Video Assist 12G monitor is equivalent to the recorded video.
- Available frame sizes, frame rates and image areas differ between the Z 7 and the Z 6.
- Still images cannot be taken by pressing the shutter-release button during RAW video recording.
- RAW videos can only be recorded to the Video Assist 12G. They cannot be recorded to the in-camera memory card.
- If you experience any problems with other companies' products such as the Video Assist 12G, please contact the manufacturer.
Editing the RAW video file
For post-production, optional third-party software is required.
Compatible software: Davinci Resolve (As of October 2020)
Frame sizes, etc. for RAW video recording
The following frame sizes, frame rates and image areas are available with RAW video recording.